Grab your mates, get festive, and spend little to no money.
Ah coffee, the sweet, sweet study nectar that allows you to finish a 4000 word essay the evening before it's due. What would we do without it?
For this reason I have complied a quality list of cheap coffee deals around the Auckland CBD to keep you and your savings account going! Bonus points for stores that also provide free wifi and have comfy study spaces.
1. Sunflower Cafe, $5 Large Coffee Deal
Sunflower Cafe is a cute little cafe hidden on Wyndham St in the center of the CBD.
- If you were to pop in at any point in the day you can nab both a large coffee and a wholesome muffin or scone for just $5!
- If you're more inclined on the coffee side of things you can still get a regular coffee on its own for just $3, or a large for $4!
Note: When they say 'large' boy do they mean it. Meet Starbucks without the price tag, this coffee will keep you going into student night at Bar101.
Where: 34 Wyndham St, CBD
2. Coffix, $3 Coffees
Coffix may just be the greatest coffee chain in the history of history. You can find them scattered all around the city from Elliot St to Symonds St, and the number of deals they have on offer is insane.
- Firstly, you can drop in and grab ANY coffee you want (including iced drinks) for just $3 for a regular, or $4 for a large!
- You can have soy milk for no added cost (shout out to those who are dairy free or lactose intolerant).
- It is absolutely free to add an extra coffee shot or/and flavoured shot, perfect for the 11.59pm assignment submission.
- Slices and muffins also start from just $2.50!
3. Caffe Greco, $5.90 Medium Coffee Deal
Caffe Greco is also located on Wyndham St, but is a much bigger cafe, suitable for study, equipped with comfy chairs and free Wifi!
- Perhaps my favourite combo deal on this list. You can nab both a medium coffee and a muffin, date scone, or savoury scone for just $5.90! What makes this deal so great is the quality of the coffee, and the fact their blueberry muffins have cream cheese in them, drool.
Where: 48 Wyndham St, CBD
4. Coffee Club, Buy 1 Get 1 Free Deal (Vodafone Customers Only)
Let's face it, we've all been to Coffee Club at some point in time, and I'm the first to say that I'm not a fan of massive franchises. You see with notoriety brings high prices, but with Vodafone brings an amazing deal I can certainly get behind.
- With Vodafone Rewards you can get any two hot beverages for the price of one! This turning what would be quite an expensive coffee into two of the cheapest around. To paint a picture, you could nab two large flat whites and it would only cost you $6.10, or $3.05 each!
5. The Corner Cone, $3 Niesh Deal
The Corner Cone is a humble little ice cream shop located on Queen Street just opposite Aotea Square, and the legends at Niesh have teamed up with them to bring a solid deal for us students!
- With the Niesh app you can nab a medium sized coffee for just $3! All you've got to do is scan the QR code at the counter, and bam, coffee as cheap as it gets!
Where: 30/368 Queen St, CBD
6. New Zealand Coffee Co, 20% Off Coffee Deals
The New Zealand Coffee Co have posted up a little kiosk on High St ready to pump out amazing coffee on your commute to the lecture room.
- These guys know our struggle as students and are offering us a quality 20% off coffee! All you've got to do is present your valid Student ID card. With normal coffee prices ranging from $4-$5.50, you can scale it back to just $3.20-$4.40!
- Forgot your Student ID? This is where the magical reusable cup comes into play, (see Top Tips), as you can also nab 20% off your coffee when you bring your own cup!
Where: High St, CBD
7. Hollywood Cafe, Coffee with a Free Muffin Deal
The ol' faithful Hollywood Cafe. With locations all around the CBD and that colour scheme, it's hard to miss. And with a deal this good, it's hard not to stop by.
- If you pop into a Hollywood Cafe around the CBD and buy a coffee you will be treated to a pleasant surprise, as with any coffee purchase you get a free muffin! This means that you can get a small coffee and muffin for just $3.80! It doesn't get much cheaper than that.
8. Esquires Cafe, $6.90 Medium Coffee Deal
This Esquires Cafe is located in the Auckland Library, next to Academy Cinemas, and for this reason is absolutely perfect for study. This is also one of the closest options from uni, being just a couple minutes walk from AUT.
- If you've just finished your lecture and need that pick-me-up for the next one that starts in 10 minutes, Esquires has you covered. You can grab a medium coffee and a hefty muffin for just $6.90! With 5 different types of muffins to choose from you won't be disappointed.
Where: 44 Lorne St, CBD
9. McDonald's, Numerous Coffee Deals
I decided this list needed some variety and boy does the McDonald's app have it, filled with many different coffee orientated coupons differing from your classic coffee and muffin combo.
- Firstly, download the McDonald's app. You can pretend all you want that you're past that phase in your life, but you're not, and drunk you will love you for it. Now, through the app you can get solid deals such as a medium McCafe coffee and a bacon and egg McMuffin for just $6, as well as a small McCafe coffee and a Georgie Pie for $6 as well! They're also releasing new banging coupons all the time so keep an eye out.
10. Coffee Right, $7 Large Coffee Deal
Coffee Right is a great cafe located on Albert St, just down past the Auckland District Court. Usually quite a pricey cafe, when I found out they had a coffee deal running I got so hyped.
- Just saying, don't you love that the most expensive combo deal on this list is just $7? Don't let the price steer you away though as Coffee Right make amazing coffee and tasty food. Plus that $7 gets you both a large coffee and a muffin, or scone! Treat yo' self.
Where: 83 Albert St, CBD
11. Mojo Coffee, 10% Off Coffee Deal
How could I not include Mojo? I'm sure its embedded deep in the hearts of many UoA students and their wallets. Although if you're going to pay for convenience, you might as well save a bit too!
- All you've got to do to nab this deal is download the Mojo Coffee app, sign up to their loyalty programme, and then just scan your phone at the counter. Next thing you know you've earned yourself 10% off your coffee!
Wifi: Location Dependent
- Always make sure you ask for a loyalty card at the counter. Although it may seem pointless, you can nab a free coffee usually every 4-10 coffees you buy. Now I'm not a scientist, but that's a lot of free coffee.
- Invest in a reusable cup. A lot of cafes are encouraging customers to use reusable cups instead of their takeaway cups by offering a sweet little discount. It doesn't have to be a spendy 'KeepCup', you can get one for just $5! You save money, the cafe saves money, and you're all doing a little part for the environment!
Want to know more discounts? Flick me a message to suggest the next theme for the blog.